Nettlestead, Priors Mead and HomeCare are all at Implementation Level Two.
Welcome to my first Newsletter
For those of you who don’t know me, I am Adrienne, the Administration Director, and from today I take over writing the Weekly Newsletter. I would like to thank Nick for doing a fantastic job of keeping us all updated during the past year, which as we all know was very challenging at times!
Visiting your loved one!
From today, Care Home Residents, as part of the Government’s lifting of certain restrictions – Summary of guidance for visitors ‘Residents can have up to 5 named visitors. Up to 2 will be able to visit the care home at the same time (and a maximum of 2 on the same day).’ We are all looking forward to when the restrictions on only 2 visitors being allowed at one time will be relaxed, but for now, it is encouraging that your loved one can see different family or friends that they may not have seen for some time!
If you have not already added extra family members or friends for a visit then please complete the In-Home Visit Declaration, below (there is no need to do so again if you are already a Named Visitor):
Nettlestead – In-Home Visit Declaration-NS
Priors Mead – In-Home Visit Declaration-PM
If we receive more than five applications for any one Resident, we will liaise with the family as to who the five should be.
- We got creative decorating our Cupcakes last week for us all to enjoy during this showery weather.
- Jane has been focusing on getting our brains working this week with some Quizzes, keep an eye out on Facebook for the winner to be announced!
- Chris has been Balloon Batting with the Residents, it seems all of these physical exercises have been paying off!
- Chris is planning Biscuit Decorating to liven up the Wednesday Tea Trolley; keep your eyes peeled for some colourful Biscuits hitting your screens.
- We are pleased to be welcoming some of our Pet Pals back into Nettlestead again, it’s been too long since we saw our furry friends!
- Jane is hopeful to get some Residents out and about in the car for a scenic drive to Sevenoaks this week, we just need a sunny day!
- Everyone is thoroughly enjoying our Entertainment being inside now. Anthony Castleman performing last week was a fantastic evening of Live Music with a glass of Wine and everyone singing along!
- We are planning a couple of trips up to Boxhill for some Tea and Cake, taking in the fresh air and beautiful views; weather permitting.
- With the rainy weather we have had recently, we’ve been enjoying indoor Arts and Crafts by getting our creative skills flowing with Drawing and Colouring; some Indoor Games for any rainy days this week are on the cards too with a favourite here being Jenga.
- A `Guess Who` Quiz is being put together this week where we are hoping we can get as many younger photos of the Residents as possible for everyone to guess who is who! Any photos emailed over would be most appreciated.
- Our DofE students Darra and Frankie are in this Friday for a game of Bingo and a natter.
- One client has gone into hospital which is non covid related. We wish her a speedy recovery.
- Carers are still carrying out their weekly covid tests.
Suggestions continue to be welcome. Please share them with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you all for your continued support and understanding.