Nettlestead, Priors Mead and HomeCare are all at Implementation Level Two.
Management & Employee Representatives
There were four candidates for the Management Representative position. The voting was very tight, with Kelly coming out on top as the winner – congratulations.
Nettlestead had only one employee putting their name forward, we suspect because everyone recognised she was such a good choice, so Donna Amphlett becomes the Employee Representative for Nettlestead – well done.
There were two people who put their names forward for Priors Mead, and Staff are currently casting their votes, with the Polls Closing at Midnight Tomorrow.
HomeCare had an incredible nine members of staff who put their names forward for the role, with their Poll Closing at Midnight Tomorrow also.
Care Home Visits
All types of Homes’ Visits continue to be available, including bringing a well-behaved Pet with you. Please just make sure the only people to touch your pet are you and the Resident you are visiting.
It is not too late to donate! https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/joanne-baker-4
It has been decided that the Staff Fund should be used to buy gifts for the Staff according to the contribution they made during the key weeks of the Outbreak. These will include anything from Vouchers, Hampers, Key Worker Keyrings, Chocolates etc., all hopefully tailored to what individual Members of Staff would prefer. These should be going out in the next week or two so, if you have yet to donate and would still like to, please act quickly.
- Thank you to Brenda and Graham Smith for bringing in some lovely treats for us all to enjoy last Friday for Winifred’s birthday – a fantastic evening enjoyed by all. Please see the beautiful cake on Facebook 🙂
- Jane is focusing on baking this week, Cupcakes and Easter Egg Krispie Cakes are both on the menu.
- Chris has been working and supporting everyone to make Easter Cards over the past few weeks; we are keeping the postman busy:) Keep your eyes peeled for yours.
- We are delighted to welcome Rose and Patricia to the Nettlestead Family. We are looking forward to you meeting us all once your initial isolation periods are over.
- We are also delighted to welcome Mary who joins us for some Respite Care. We truly hope you enjoy your stay with us 🙂
- Pampering – All Residents will be enjoying some well deserved Lockdown Pampering this week from Nail Care to Hair Care! Watch out for some pictures as the rollers and clippers are being used again:)
- Please make sure you keep phoning in to book Visits both in the home and Facetime Slots as Easter is promising to be busy.
- The majority of our Residents and Staff Team have now had their Second Coronavirus Vaccinations!
- Today we are celebrating Marjorie’s Birthday; many Happy Returns! We will be enjoying drinks and nibbles this evening to celebrate, and of course a Birthday Cake.
- This week we will be painting Pottery Easter Eggs, which will then go off to the kiln and be returned to us.
- Four out of five of our Caterpillar Cocoons are thriving and we eagerly await the completion of their transformation into Painted Lady Butterflies.
- Anthony will be playing the Guitar and Singing for us via Zoom on Thursday evening, which is always an enjoyable evening
- We are looking forward to the Easter Bunny leaving our Residents a treat and various Easter Themed Activities including an Easter-Egg Hunt in our garden, and baking Chocolate Nests!
- A big thanks to Sue, Reigate’s Community Champion for Morrisons, for their generous donation of Easter Eggs for all at Priors Mead! Thank you for thinking of us 🙂
- Our local church, St Marks, have set up a Sunflower Growing Competition with proceeds going to charity. We are excited to receive our Sunflower Packs; each of our Residents will plant their own seed. St Marks will be awarding prizes for the best photos and tallest Sunflowers come August – keep an eye on our Facebook page for progress.
- The final three days of our Priors Mead March are here – What a journey (literally)! We have raised £596 so far – Huge thank you to The Williams’, The Greaves and The Hooks for your generous donations, and to our participants families and friends of course. We actually have really enjoyed it!
We would like to welcome on board our new Director of HomeCare, Liam Tracey. Liam has enjoyed a long and distinguished career in the Domiciliary Care Market, and we look forward to him building on what Kim, Paige, Becky, Nella and the whole team have achieved over recent months. This will also free up a very-overworked Kim to resume her role overseeing both Homes.
Suggestions continue to be welcome. Please share them with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you all for your continued support and understanding.
Nick & Sarah Bruce