Nettlestead, Priors Mead and HomeCare are all at Implementation Level Two, although Nettlestead is under review (see Outbreak, below)
Thank You From Proud Mum, Holly
Holly has asked that we say thank you to everyone for all their good wishes on the birth of her daughter, Ada.
Care Home Visits
It’s great news that the In-Home Visits are starting today at Priors Mead and next week at Nettlestead, and apologies that the form, for what Adrienne points out is such a joyous occasion, is so formal. As you will know, this is very much not our style but, because of the legal nature of the restrictions, we had to make sure we were as clear as possible. Having said that, we have not entirely succeeded based on a couple of emails I have received, which are likely to be questions in other people’s minds also. Therefore:
- You can book In-Home, Pod and Garden Visits, although only one type of visit can happen at a time due to the pressure consecutive visits will place on staff.
- The Priority Order only relates to In-Home Visits.
- We will still make Exceptions in Exceptional Circumstances.
- For In-House Visits, if both the Resident and their Visitor have received their First Vaccine more than two-weeks previously, a Face Shield may be used instead of a Face Mask.
- For POD Visits, two people from the Same Bubble (which may include two households) may visit as long as they are over 12 Years Old. PPE can be removed once inside the POD;
- Nettlestead visits from next week;
- Priors Mead are active now.
- All Residents received their second Vaccine on 3rd March 2021.
- Jane has been focusing on some Mothering Sunday Crafts this week. Please keep sending your videos to us for the big day.
- Jane has also been Baking with us all this week, from biscuit decorating to cupcake making. Keep your eyes peeled for pictures on facebook.
- We are thrilled to have welcomed Two New Residents, Sonja and Ira, to the Nettlestead Family this week. We look forward to them coming out of isolation and meeting us all.
- Second Vaccines for Residents are expected in the first week of April.
- With Mothers Day approaching this Sunday, we have some special Arts and Crafts taking place this week that we can’t wait for you to see.
- We have some DIY Mothers Day Boxes of cupcakes being delivered by Nelly’s Delicious Delights for us to make.
- Midweek we have our In-Chair Yoga zoom session to keep us nicely stretched, active and relaxed.
- The heat is on with our Friday evenings consisting of a full lounge of fun filled competitiveness with our Weekly Quiz hosted by D of E Student Eshal; June has taken the crown for a 3rd week in a row! Well done June.
- We have Four New Carers in for their training on Thursday.
- Another two New Carers, Amanda and Mariam, have had a good start and settled in well.
Suggestions continue to be welcome. Please share them with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you all for your continued support and understanding.
Nick & Sarah Bruce