Nettlestead remains at Implementation Level Three, with Priors Mead and HomeCare now at Implementation Level Two.
There continue to be No New Positive Tests.
Care Home Visits
As widely reported over the weekend, we have received confirmation that Residents are to be allowed one regular visitor from 8th March. We are currently working through the guidelines and hope to have detailed plans for how we will implement this in next-week’s Newsletter.
Apologies, but the route for Nettlestead Family Members getting an Early Vaccine has proven to be a Red Herring as no one in the NHS, save for the nurse who told us about the scheme, knew anything about it; sorry for wasting your time.
Pods and Visiting
The Visiting Pod at Priors Mead remains open, subject to weather conditions, with the plan to open the Nettlestead Visiting Pod remaining on or about 28th February.
- Holly welcomed her Beautiful Baby Girl into the World on Sunday 21st February! We are sending her all the best on this new chapter of her life. We can’t wait to meet her!!
- Pancake Day at Nettlestead last Tuesday was a success. Even in lockdown, Pancakes still manage to put a huge smile on everyone’s face – Thank you Chris 🙂
- Jane is focusing on Wellbeing this week and will be carrying out some Exercise Sessions suggested to us by St Christopher’s last friday – we very may well have the next Nettlestead Marathon Champion with all of this exercise!
- Music is a great way of lifting everyone’s spirits this week at Nettlestead. Any sing-along recommendations will be welcomed!
- We are coming towards the end of the Lockdown, and we are really looking forward to seeing you all through our Pod Visits. Can families please start to make bookings ahead of time from Thursday 25th.
- We are hoping to get ahead this year with Mother’s Day. We are hoping that families will be able to send us short video clips of themselves and as many family members as possible so that we can put together a montage for each of our the Residents.
- We welcomed a New Resident to the Priors Mead Family last week. We look forward to her isolation period ending so she can meet everyone.
- Pancakes for lunch on Tuesday went down well! With thanks to our cook Diana.
- Our Zoom Quiz Night, as organised by student volunteer Eshal, was a great success with the majority of our Residents taking part. Congratulations to our Quiz Queen, June!
- The ladies at Priors Mead loved their ‘Knit & Natter’ on Saturday afternoon. Spirits were high and there was some light teasing aimed at our Carers who were struggling to get the hang of it – the Residents make it look so easy!
- We welcomed a new podiatrist, Marianne, on Thursday as our usual one is currently shielding. Half of our Residents have been seen and she will visit again this Thursday to see everyone else.
- We have some Baking planned this week; keep your eye on our Facebook page for updates.
- We have two Vacancies; please let anyone who may be looking for care and support know. We are always happy to have a chat and provide further information.
- Kim and Paige are still out and about doing Client Reviews.
- We have a New Staff Member, Amanda, starting on Wednesday; welcome onboard:-)
Suggestions continue to be welcome. Please share them with us by emailing email@example.com.
Thank you all for your continued support and understanding.
Nick & Sarah Bruce