Nettlestead remains at Implementation Level Three, with Priors Mead and HomeCare now at Implementation Level Two.
Throughout the Nettlestead Covid Outbreak we have rightly shone a torch on the fantastic job everyone has been doing there, credited the Staff at Priors Mead for proactively going into lockdown to give time for the Residents’ Vaccines to take effect before the anticipated Kent Variant impacted Reigate, and the astonishing work our HomeCarers have been doing in the community despite a surge in the Coronavirus. However, as our HomeCare Client, Kathleen, points out, one group who has simply got on with it despite everything has not received the recognition they deserve. They are our Live-In HomeCarers, and we therefore want to single them out for some long-overdue recognition, and to thank them for the marvelous work they are doing, not least in looking after Sarah’s parents.
We are delighted to confirm there have been No New Positive Tests.
We have no updates as to when our residents will receive their Second Vaccinations, although the latest research suggests that a delay actually improves the effectiveness of the Vaccine.
Pods and Visiting
The Visiting Pod at Priors Mead remains open, subject to weather conditions, and we are still anticipating being able to open the Nettlestead Visiting Pod on or about 28th February.
- The PRUH have announced that Residents’ Families can now get Vaccinated, regardless of where they otherwise fit in the priority order!! Presumably this will be limited to those visiting but, to arrange this or ask any questions, please email them directly on email@example.com.
- Jane has opened the Nettlestead Salon and Barber Shop for our Residents this week as we start to get back into the “normal” swing of things. Rollers at the ready:)
- We are planning a photo-shoot of all the Residents this week, watch out for your emails.
- St Christopher’s are coming in this week to start planning some Physiotherapy for our Residents which can then be added to our Activity Schedule.
- Please keep ringing in for those FaceTime slots as the Residents have really enjoyed seeing family and friends during this lockdown.
- The Residents all enjoyed a special Valentine’s Supper yesterday in the lounge together.
- We have been Sharing the Love at Priors Mead with a number of Valentines Activities including a Valentines Tea yesterday. Photos are on our Facebook page.
- We are keeping the Valentine’s theme going with tomorrow’s movie morning choice, Shirley Valentine.
- We are looking forward to Pancakes made by Diana for our lunchtime dessert tomorrow with a choice of toppings.
- Thursday evening we have our Zoom Music Session with Anthony.
- Friday night we have a Zoom Quiz with Eshal who is completing her Duke of Edinburgh Award but, unlike other volunteers we have assisted with placements previously, will start her time with us remotely.
- We have also restarted our Knit & Natter Club and are making blanket squares for the Scubu unit.
- Paige and Kim are going to be out of the office for the next few days as they are carrying out Client Reviews.
- We have two assessments booked for this week.
- We are delighted to welcome Nella who has joined the HomeCare Office as an Admin Assistant, and who carries on the Nightingales Family Tradition; she is Becky’s Daughter:-).
- Twenty-Eight HomeCarers have been Vaccinated, with Twenty to go and only one declining to have it.
Suggestions continue to be welcome. Please share them with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you all for your continued support and understanding.
Nick & Sarah Bruce