Newsletter #28 -Monday, 28th September 2020
We remain at Implementation Level Two for both Homes and HomeCare with no Symptomatic Residents, Clients or Staff.
Increasing Coronavirus Risk
Whilst there is some comfort from the fact that, although Daily Infection Rates continue to rise exponentially Mortality Rates remain low, we continue to be concerned. The Key Risk seems to be from the young, where infection rates are highest, and thankfully our Staff continue to be on their guard. Similarly, Family Members also remain alert to the increasing risk and, with this in mind, we feel the benefits that Garden Visits bring outweighs the current risk. However, we are aware that this is a decision which, if misjudged, potentially affects a number of people. We would ask that if anyone is unhappy with this, and any other decisions we are making on everybody’s behalf, they Speak Up.
We had hoped to have these in place by now but, try as we might, things have been delayed. Unfortunately, our builder is under tremendous pressure from other clients, and the type of buildings we are planning to use are also in great demand for the same reasons we want them. We are therefore putting together a temporary solution, given the turn in the weather, and will write again later in the week to set this out.
Testing is thankfully improving; you wouldn’t know it front the press, but the UK is testing more people per capita than any other nation in the world currently. On a more local level, we continue to have No Negative Results, and which are now coming through more quickly.
- Welcome to Rosemary who has joined us on a permanent basis.
- Jane is starting to plan Halloween ideas which I am sure will involve some Pumpkin Carving!
- Happy Wedding Anniversary to George and Shirley celebrating 26 years of marriage this week!
- Activities have been more indoor focused this week due to the weather, including Quizzes and Cake Baking.
- We are pleased to welcome three new employees to the team; Kayleigh, Summer and Rosemary.
- We would also like to welcome Christopher who has moved in on a permanent basis.
- Our rabbits have been named – welcome to the family Rex and Frankie. The hutch is built and they will be moving in later this week.
- Thank you to Nicola for the Body Shop samples for the residents to enjoy during our pamper sessions with hand massages
- We have been working together on the playlist for the Musical Afternoon Tea we will be having next week, and our Residents have really enjoyed the trip down musical memory lane!
- Well done June, who won the grasshead competition; we hope you like your prize.
- We have a new member of staff, Yvonne, who is completing her training this week.
- Lauren contacted Bromley Council in regards to Testing Kits, and is awaiting their response.
- We are delighted to say that we have now filled all of our Supervisor Roles, with Fran stepping up to be supervisor for the Bromley area, which is fantastic news. Fran has started her new role today.
- The Track and Trace QR Code is on the office door for Carers to scan when they come into the office. We are encouraging all carers to download and use this app.
Suggestions continue to be welcome. Please share them with us by emailing email@example.com.
Thank you all for your continued support and understanding.
Nick & Sarah Bruce